I think I’ve set a new record here for longest time taken to accept an award. Image Earth Travel nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award about 9 months ago. I started answering the questions, saved it as a draft, and completely forgot about it. Oops. But now that I’ve stumbled across it, I should probably finish it and post it. So here goes….
This award is given to bloggers by other bloggers, with the criteria being “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.” I’m very humbled to have received this nomination once again…thank you Nilla for the nomination, and I apologize for taking so long to accept it.
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award
- Write the same number of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
- Notify the bloggers you nominated
Questions for me from Image Earth Travel
1. Why did you start a blog?
I’ve received a lot of excellent travel advice and recommendations from blogs over the years. Plus, I love writing, traveling, and photography – so it seemed like the natural thing to do
2. What amazing countries have you seen?
At this point, just the US and Canada. However, I’ll hopefully be adding Costa Rica, Germany, and Austria to that list very soon!
3. Why do you travel?
For the scenery, the experiences, because it’s fun, and to broaden my horizons
4. Who has been your biggest inspiration in your life and why?
My friend Dianna. She passed away 4 years ago, but she lived such a meaningful life and she died doing what she loved. She taught me the true meaning of living life to its fullest and she pursued her dreams with so much passion. I’m always trying to live with the same exuberance and determination that she possessed.
5. What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever experienced?
I’m not sure how to answer this.
6. What would be your dream job?
Travel writer for National Geographic
7. Your favourite read?
To Kill a Mockingbird is probably my all-time favorite. I also recently read The Book Thief and it was excellent.
8. The scariest moment in your life?
Definitely a tie between the time my pole vaulting pole broke in half while I was upside down in mid air, and the time my mom and I were driving over a mountain pass in a blizzard and the guy in front of us spun out and almost hit us
9. Your deepest regret?
Not keeping in touch with people as much as I could have
10. The most memorable experience in your life?
Oh gosh, I don’t know. Winning a silver medal at my final state championship gymnastics meet was pretty amazing. Ice climbing is pretty high on the list. Finishing my PhD. And going zip lining. That was pretty cool too.
Questions for My Nominees:
1. What’s one off the beaten path place you’d recommend for me to visit?
2. Strangest food you’ve ever eaten while travelling?
3. What is an important lesson you’ve learned through blogging?
4. Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
5. What is your favorite place you’ve ever been?
6. Least favorite place? Why?
7. Where are you from, and what’s the biggest misconception or stereotype about it?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Tropical paradise or towering mountains?
10. What’s one small thing that we could all do to make the world a better place?